Thursday, July 28, 2005

Decisions

The Real Story of Jonah by Matt Connor on Relevant:

"If anything, the book of Jonah shows us one main idea: the lengths that God is willing to go to accomplish His plan."

"When we, as Christians, wake up to the reality that when we allow God to author our lives, when we follow Him to the places He is calling us, that we have the backing of God as we go. Even though we are often called to new places or even places that make us fearful or uncomfortable, it is in those places that we can depend on the God who brought us there in the first place."

I've got a big decision to make. I was offered a job. A pretty big job, with a lot of responsibility. I haven't even been looking or applying for a job; it just kind of fell into my lap. I've got a few weeks to think about it and decide if I want to take it or not. I wouldn't actually start until around October. There's a high possibility that I may even have to take another class or two, which is fine because the position actually pertains to my degree. I was approached by two different people in the same day about it. They both seem confident that I can do it and said I was their first choice. Oh, and it's where I work now; I wouldn't be leaving the company, just changing positions. There's so much expectation here. I think that's what scares me. What if I can't do it? Well, that's where I've been since Monday Tuesday; mulling, pacing, staring at the monitor, no concentration whatsoever.

Posted by Brandy at 7:44 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Martin LaBar posted at July 28, 2005 8:45 PM  
    I don't know what the job is, but I suspect that, with God's help, you can do it.
  2. Blogger Brandy posted at July 29, 2005 8:47 AM  
    Thanks for the encouragement! I need all I can get.
  3. Blogger Grasshopper posted at August 03, 2005 8:39 AM  
    Hey
    I'm defintely praying for you. Remember I've been through this recently, it's not easy, but if God's opening the door, just trust Him to hold your hand as you walk through it! Love Ya!

Post a Comment

« Home