Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday Morning

I haven't posted something "real" in a while, so I thought I'd begin by pulling a Dr. LaBar. He calls this series "Sunspots", things of interest he's found for other people to check out. I'll have to think of a clever name for mine...any help from the two or three people that read this would be greatly appreciated.

Retail Alphabet Game - When I first stumbled on this, it drove me crazy for the entire day. I've still only gotten about half of them.

LetterJames - Neat site. You enter the text, it inserts it into a picture (i.e. road signs, alphabet soup, etc.). I entered a verse that I've been coming across a lot lately onto a road sign and saved it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week, I started thinking about the names of God. For some reason, I remembered a poster that was on the wall in one of my junior high classrooms (Easley Christian -- not public school, obviously). It listed from margin to margin all kinds of names for God and I used to sit there and read and re-read them all the time. So, like I said, I started thinking about this again last week and starting Googling it. Here's what I came up with and am still reading through:

The Names of God - Gives 598 names of God, a "Who" and "I AM" listing, and a few Hebrew names

100 Biblical Names & Titles of Christ - Also gives a little background on Catholic beliefs (Mary vs. Jesus).

The Shema - confession of faith in the One True God of Israel. Pious Jews today recite an expanded or developed version of the Shema twice per day, once in the morning and again in the evening.

The Names of God - different from above. Lists Old Testament (Hebrew) names and New Testament (Greek) names, contains notes on the Trinity, and discusses the "I AM's" of Jesus.

Names, Titles, & Characters of Jesus Christ - from Blue Letter Bible. Found under "Study Tools". There are tons of other interesting study tools to check out also.

Also, I'm currently reading Finding Favor with the King by Tommy Tenney. It recounts the story of Esther with a lot of historical background. It's really good so far.

Posted by Brandy at 7:47 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Martin LaBar posted at August 01, 2005 6:17 PM  
    Sorry, I should have made a suggestion. How about Petals I've Picked Up? Fresh Blooms? Silk Flowers?

Post a Comment

« Home