Thursday, July 14, 2005

Paying Celebrity Bills

I think I've gone to the movies nearly every weekend since graduation. Not always the bestway to spend 8 bucks, but hey, sometimes there's not too much to do on a Saturday afternoon. If you're ever not sure of a movie, a great site to check out is Plugged In Online. It's run by Focus on the Family and reviews movies, music, tv shows, etc. It outlines positive/spiritual/negative elements, sexual/violent/alcohol content, and language. I always visit this site before taking my sister to a movie, just to make sure it's okay for her.

So here's a rundown of the movies I've seen lately:
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
    • Took my sister to see this; was dreading it, but it was really good; definitely needed Kleenex's
  • Star Wars Episode III
    • Never saw the original three, hated Episode I, slept through most of Episode II; Episode III however, I loved. Even though I knew what was coming, I was really sad all the way through and always hopeful that maybe, just maybe, Anakin WOULDN'T go to the dark side.
  • Mr. & Mrs. Smith
    • This was such a good movie. It was also cleaner than I would have expected. Definitely one of my favorites.
  • Batman Begins
    • Another summer favorite. I can't wait for more installments. It was everything Batman should be.
  • Herbie: Fully Loaded
    • Another sister movie. It was really cute. I think Lindsay Lohan will be remaking Disney movies until she's 40.
  • Bewitched
    • I love Nicole Kidman. I was disappointed when I realized it wasn't remaking the actual television series, but it turned out to still be really good.
  • Fantastic Four
    • Another summer favorite. A lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was very good. Another series that I can't wait for sequals.

Posted by Brandy at 6:59 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home