Friday, February 17, 2006

Thoughts from Reading

My mom just got Greg Laurie's newest devotional in the mail two weeks ago. I started reading it yesterday and can't put it down. He writes about how to handle "giants" that may be present in your life and uses David as an example. Here are two excerpts:

"The thought of God toward you began before He ever flung a star into space. Then he wrote your name in His heart. It was graven in the palm of His hands before the sky was stretched out in the heavens." --Quote taken from Alan Redpath in The Making of a Man of God (Studies in the Life of David)

"As I look back over my own life, I can't remember a single time God has ever given me a detailed blueprint of all that I was to do. I may have had a sense of what was coming, but I had no idea of when it would happen or where it would happen or how it would happen. I would take one step and then he would show me the next one and the next one. Or he'd have me wait for a while between steps, staying tuned to His frequency for further instructions. The truth is, God's way becomes plain when we start walking in it. Obedience to revealed truth guarantees guidance in matters yet to be revealed." --Greg Laurie in Dealing with Giants

Posted by Brandy at 11:27 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Martin LaBar posted at February 17, 2006 12:47 PM  
    Good stuff!

Post a Comment

« Home